Requirement for SAP ABAP Associate Consultant-Pittsburgh, PA, US
Only For those Who are authorized to work there
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T1
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP ABAP Associate Consultant will be a member of our Solution Delivery Center (SDC) organization. The SAP Solution Delivery Centre (SDC) is responsible for driving customer success as ONE SAP by maximizing the adoption of SAP products across industries with accelerated ‘time-to-value’, leveraging global scale and expertise through integrated right shore delivery, focusing on remote, factory services and outcome-based solutions that utilize robust processes and practices. Our team drives value and continuous improvement for our customers using operationally sound processes and basic quality system fundamentals. Providing our consultant’s training, certification, and skill expansion opportunities are key priorities our organization’s success and long-term employee career growth within the SDC.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As the SAP ABAP Associate Consultant, you will:
- Focus on design, coding, testing, quality assurance of complex product features in a development team
- Work as a developer in a team to achieve the expected results.
- Drive initiatives & topics to resolution in a high level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency
- Work closely together with others and share expertise to ensure product success
- Constantly improve own work methods to gain state-of-the-art agile software engineering Skills
- Enhance skills beyond own core functional focus and work on other tasks for the Benefit of the team
- Modeling, design, implementation and tests based on SAP’s programming model
- Ensure high quality (create and execute test cases, reviews of specifications, design reviews, code reviews)
- A minimum of one year of SAP consulting experience
- Recent graduate of an accredited university with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant STEM field including: Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant degree.
- Strong preference for completion of SAP course or project work through academics.
- Functional knowledge in SAP Products and Business Scenarios
- Experience in working in a distributed project setup across geographical locations
- Excellent communication, presentation, independent decision making and networking skills
- Experience in handling customers and driving innovation
- Ability to work in a team
- Should be familiar with agile principles
- Must be able to work as a team player yet can work independently.
- Analytical, results-driven and have a solution-oriented approach.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written presentation and listening.
- Proficiency in ABAP Technologies – ABAP Workbench, ABAP Data Dictionary, Report Programming, Data Migration, Screen Programming, SmartForms, Adobe forms, Authorizations, ALE/IDOC, Workflow, Performance Tuning, Web Dynpro ABAP, OO ABAP, Database Updates, Enhancements & Modifications.
- Experience in SD/FI/MM is must. In addition, experience in either one of the following modules (HR- ABAP, EWM, SCM) is must.
- Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Consulting knowledge and experience in evaluating customer requirements, and SAP Solution and Architecture approaches.
- Knowledge and strong interest and passion for innovation technologies like SAP HANA,S4/HANA or cloud.
- Exposure to agile development methodologies like SCRUM would be an added advantage
- Good Technical and Analytical skills.
- Proactive, flexible, result-driven, with a “can do” attitude
- Good communication & coaching skills.
Preferred skills / beneficial
- Understanding of API technologies, REST, SOAP, and OData
- Experience in UI5/HTML/JAVA/PI
*SAP is not offering international relocation benefits for this role currently
*SAP is not offering visa sponsorship for this role